Your Safety is Our Greatest Motivation!
Smile Island doctors and staff hope you and your family are safe and in good health! We recognize that our community has been through a lot over the past few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our day-to-day routines.
Placer County has given us the green light to resume preventive, routine and all other oral healthcare services. We are excited to get everyone back on schedule for their cleanings and exams and complete overdue treatment.
While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety. Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. We follow the highest standards of infection control recommendations made by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Because of the most recent pandemic, we have remained up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that have been issued. For the safety of our patients, families and staff, we have set new protocols and safety measures in our office. Here are some of the changes you may see at your next appointment:
- All patients and staff will have their temperatures taken when entering the office and be asked to complete a COVID-19 prevention checklist
- Siblings/non-essential guests accompanying the patient are asked to stay home or remain in the car for the duration of the appointment
- Cleaning supplies have been upgraded specifically for COVID-19 use
- All surfaces, including door handles, will be sterilized on a frequent basis
- Hand sanitizer, hand washing supplies and masks are available to everyone, but we kindly ask that you bring your own mask if you have one
- Hepa filters with UV lights are strategically placed in the office for particulate filtering and virus destruction
- Front desk areas have protective plexiglass on countertops
- Waiting room chairs have been arranged to allow for proper distancing
- Scheduling considerations are made for social distancing
- Patient paperwork will now be signed electronically through our patient portal
- Doctors and staff will be wearing FDA and CDC approved, professional grade masks, goggles, face shields, and additional protective wear (PPE)
Rest assured that we have taken the new safety measures to protect your health very seriously. We value your trust and loyalty and we are so happy to be able to welcome back back our patients, neighbors and friends. We are here for you to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you and every patient safe in our practice.